By now, you should know 100% that the best sin for skin care is in bed (pes we do it now and then too!). But did you know it was also your face in the shower (& # 39; big no-no, because the water is regular?) way too hot) and do not wash your hands before washing your face (because your germs wander?)
This is where face cleaning brushes come in. Not only do they have to remove make-up and peel off, but if they are cleaned and properly stored – make sure you read the directions! – they may be a bit more sanitary … and thus the way of breaking away from future break-ins. Sensitive skin types (i.e., prone to eczema, rosacea or psoriasis) should opt for those with softer hair and should consider using brushes in their routine bi-weekly and starting daily. Unsure if this is the * right * tool for you? Talk to your gut to get their expert opinion.
In general, the best brushes have the same process: remove your make-up, apply detergent to the wet skin and massage your face in a circular motion for a minute or so. The results? Peppered, smooth and clear skin. From the refurbished classic Clarisonic to the new silicone-only PMD, here are 9 brushes that Elle.com editors have tried and loved – plus some other very well-rated models.
1. Clarisonic Mia Smart Anti-Aging Cleansing Skincare Device
The vibrant brushes of Clarisonic were furious in 2016 when all your fave "skin fluencers" were on that buzz. The brushes are no longer true everywhere, but they are still one of the highest rated devices. The cult favorite is the Mia model, which recently received a new sonic upgrade. What's new? The award-winning brush removes makeup 89% more effectively than makeup wipes, there's adjacent skincare app that lets you create a more customizable routine, look forward to even more attachments (think, & # 39; flawless foundation mixer), a guided timer, and a longer battery life (up to 100 minutes.) Still a nice stat? The Mia Smart is 6x more effective at cleaning than just your hands.
The downside? According to former Elle.com editor Chloe Hall, cleansing is a pain in the a **. “The brush has a number of filters, but as a clean frat I can find the brush cleaning and filters exhaustive. To clean the filter, remove the brush and clean the base with soap and water. You can use a Q-tip to get into the filter's vertices and cracks. Cleaning the brush head is where it gets a bit dirty. Because of the make-up of makeup, it is best to clean once a week or if you see a lot of discoloration on the brush. Use & # 39; antibacterial soap & massage the hair to remove the excess makeup. Now rinse the brush head until any residue is gone or the water is clean. I never feel like I'm cleaning it right. If you think you can beat me during the cleaning game, I suggest the brush. "
- Do not clean too much when wearing makeup. If it can be tempting to go hard, but if you get too saturated, your skin can become raw.
- Attachment brushes range from $ 39 to $ 59, which can build up quickly if you buy multiples.
- If you have sensitive skin, keep up to three times a week, max. The brush works like a peeler that removes dead cells, but it can be a bit sticky if you are prone to acne, redness or rosacea.
- Skip to chemical peelers such as BHA, PHA, and AHA's – since they already act as a peeler (as mentioned above), you don't have to go overboard or go overboard. Fewer are more children.
2. Anisa Cleansing Brush
If you are concerned that a battery or charger is too hard on your skin, this manual, responsible brush (p. It contains 100% cruelty-free synthetic fibers) is the best solution. The innovatively designed removable head consists of a soft fiber and silicone blend for soft exfoliation and effective deep pore cleansing – leaving your face cleaner than ever, without feeling squeaky. One reviewer described the brush as if the & # 39; hair of a Clarisonic and the silicone of a Foreo & # 39; had a baby. & # 39; The detachable brush head makes cleaning easy, twisting, rinsing and drying. Anisa also has their own brand cleaner, Purify, which removes excess makeup, oils and residues without any need for water.
- The brush head is removable for easy cleaning. Just make sure to dry before using it again.
- & # 39; A little bit of detergent goes a lot – focus on putting your product selection directly on the silicone ring before gently massaging in circular motions.
- Rinse the brush thoroughly after each use to prevent the hair from appearing.
3. Liberex Egg Sonic Vibrating Face Cleansing Brush
Don't let the little buddy fool you, this & # 39; smart & # 39; ovoid cleansing brush helps to deep clean the pores and peel off dead skin. Ultrasonic vibration technology ensures that your skin is thoroughly but gently cleansed without too much pulling or pulling. You can also customize your cleaning experience by choosing one of three ways with different intensities (3800 / min for massage, 5000 / min for exfoliation, 6500 / min for deep cleansing.) Plus, the smart timer reminds you every 20 seconds of switching from time to time switches itself off one minute so you don't overdo it with cleaning. All things considered, it's 6X more effective than hand cleaning, which is the most important thing in our book!
- Once fully loaded, you will be able to go to the Liberex at least a week at a time.
- Note which brush head you choose: the 0.075 mm hair is for cleaning and exfoliating the pore, while the 0.05 mm hair is designed for sensitive and thinner skin.
- To start, try the silicone brush head for gentle exfoliation and massage.
- & # 39; A two-year warranty means you can expect a long-lasting product without much hiccup.
4. PMD clean, facial cleanser
The state-of-the-art, first-in-line cleaning device boasts over 7,000 vibrations per minute thanks to SonicGlow ™ technology. Look forward to skin that looks not only clean, but firm, toned and generally more youthful. Unlike other brushes where you need to remove the head, the device is made entirely with an ultra-hygienic silicone, which means PMD Clean is odor resistant, antibacterial, hypoallergenic and waterproof. The brush is also fairly stable to clean, simply rinse with warm water and gently rub the detergent (or soap), then dry it after use. Consistent users claim that their skin has never looked or felt better.
- There are a total of four customizable ways. Tip: Use mode 3 or 4 for massage to use the ante on your serum application.
- Use cleanser directly on the hair, while applying serums and moisturizer directly to the back.
- Use the added stand to prevent damage or bending of the silicone brush.
5. Shiseido Essentials Cleaning Massage Brush
The luxurious purifying brush from the Japanese skincare brand is the perfect hybrid of silky, fine tapered hair and silicone cushions made to gently soothe the skin. & # 39; An ergonomic, curved handle allows users to grip without slipping, and breezes over natural facial contour. It also allows for a gentle facial massage (ideal for microcirculation) and an overall vitality of the skin encounter.
- Use the enclosed cap to protect the hair from the brush. One judge said her brush lasted almost ten years. #Impressive
- Do not overload the detergent too much, the hair is made to create the maximum foam. Due to the super soft hair, this brush is not as effective for exfoliation.
- Just like all cleaning brushes in circular motion, use for effective cleaning.
6. Foreo Luna Cleaning Brush
The incredible silicone material distinguishes this cleaning brush. It is not abrasive, soft and easy to clean. Very easy to clean! In addition, it takes months after a full load, so you don't have to worry about it dying if you travel regularly. Foreo delivers about 8,000 T-Sonic pulsations per minute through the silicone touch points. The T-sonic technology is designed to penetrate deep into the layers of your skin for strong cleansing. The Luna is available in four colors and looks great in any top #shelfie.
- The product is small and sits upright for easy storage.
- It doesn't have a timer, so set your own alarm for about one minute.
- Due to the silicone brush, do not use clay-based, silicone-based or granular cleansers, exfoliators or scrubs. The silicone knots are tough enough on their own.
- Instead, choose a gel-based cleanser to get the job done.
7. Cleansing by Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush
The first facial brush from beauty giant Clinique delivers. The brush was developed by dermatologists to service all skin types and gently cleanse. I have to say, my pores were less visible when using this product. The unique tapered head also makes it difficult to reach areas, such as next to your nose or lower chin. Unlike the other brushes that recommend one-minute sessions, this brush has a 30-second timer so you never scrub too much. The biggest criticism of this product comes from Amazon users. & # 39; A number of customers complained that using the brush was very short-lived. For some shoppers, the product seems to die or break too easily.
Tips for trading
- Replacement brushes cost $ 27.
- The charger can charge for hours, so you can take it on the go.
- The tilted head can help to reach difficult areas.
8. Proactiv Charcoal Port Cleaning Brush
Proactiv could sell me at any middle school level, but things have changed since I gave acne to the aquarium. I went back to being faithful and somehow tried this brush – it was amazingly amazing. Highlights: The hair is long and overdone, so it feels like a delicious tick on your face. The brush also vibrates to stimulate my skin cells and does not move just like other brushes on the market. My main problem with this was that it didn't start working after a few months. I have to say, because it was portable, I threw it around and didn't treat it with the respect it deserved. Again, a problem, but if you want something heavy and durable, this may not be the brush for you.
- Replacement brushes cost $ 10.
- It's great to be part of your nocturnal routine when trying to conquer acne.
9. Olay ProX Advanced Cleansing System with face brush
& # 39; A product that delivers a bump to your back. The Olay brush provides deep cleaning and exfoliation that is perfect for all skin types. Amazon readers compare the brush to that of Clarisonic and see similar results after continuous use. The Olay product is quite small and has only two settings: high and low. It is certainly a cheaper version of more expensive brushes, but it is a good entry-level device at a completely accessible price. The brush does not use sonic vibrations, but a two-speed rotary system to cleanse the skin.
- Replacement brushes cost $ 10.
- Invest in backup brushes, because things are going fast.
- Olay recommends using an anti-aging moisturizer with this product.